Please join us on November 17, 2014 for the 2nd Annual Booth-Laird Equity Conference hosted by LSU’s E.J. Ourso College of Business and the LSU Department of Finance. The goal of the Booth-Laird Equity Conference is to provide actionable investment ideas to investors. We are providing a venue for quality companies, students and investors to present to an audience active in investment management either personally or professionally.
This conference is being directed by Booth-Laird Investment Partnership. The conference will be in the Rotunda building of the new LSU Business Education Complex. Parking will be available in the student lot across the street. Doors will open at 8:30, and opening remarks will begin at 8:45. The conference will end by 11:30. Breakfast and coffee will be available.
The conference is free and open to the public. Please register to the right.
We are still finalizing the roster for the conference but we know the following for certain:
- MoneyGram International – The second-largest money transfer company in the world with business operations in two categories: Global Funds Transfer and Financial Paper Products. MoneyGram is listed on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MGI.
- 4 Student pitches on an investment idea – 4 LSU students comprising 3 seniors and a junior were carefully selected by the LSU finance professor helping us to put on the conference, Dr. Bucky Kilbourne. Jonathan supplied the students a list of 8 companies to choose from. Each student will have 10 minutes to give his or her prepared presentation and then Jonathan will ask the student questions for an additional 5 minutes, making sure the student touches on what he believe are the most important items to consider if he or she has not already done so.
- Booth-Laird presentation – Jonathan will present on one of our best ideas that has not yet been discussed, just as he did at the annual meeting this past July as well as at the inaugural Booth-Laird Equity Conference hosted by LSU held in April of 2013.
In total, we expect to have 6 to 7 new, actionable ideas.
We also want to recognize our sponsors for the conference:
- KPMG – One of the 4 largest public accounting firms in the world with offices in Baton Rouge and New Orleans, providing audit and tax services to both public and private businesses and individuals.
- Business First Bank - The largest business bank in Louisiana and just recently acquired American Gateway Bank. With banking centers in Baton Rouge, Lafayette, the New Orleans’ Northshore, Northwest Louisiana (Shreveport/Bossier), and Southwest Louisiana (Lake Charles) as well as a loan production office in the Houma/Thibodeaux Bayou region, Business First Bank’s mission is to be the financial institution of choice for Louisiana enterprises and their owners and employees.
- Stone Pigman Walther Wittman – A Louisiana-based law firm with offices in Baton Rouge and in New Orleans. The firm has a strong business practice and assists clients with a wide range of legal services, from mergers and acquisitions, IPOs and private placements to all types of debt financing and equity interests as well as advises on securities compliance, corporate governance, tax and executive compensation.
This conference would not be possible without the support of our sponsors. We look forward to seeing you there.